Nugroho Adi was born on 13 July 1974 in Ambarawa, Central Java, Indonesia. Born as the 3rd child from father, named RS Soeprapto and mother, named RR Trimardikaningsih, his interest towards painting has started since his early childhood.
As a boy Nugroho Adi learned arts from his father, who was also a realist painter.
Since he was still a young boy, Nugroho Adi often participated in drawing contest , and he often won the contest.
Graduated from High School, he studied Photography Design in Modern School of Design. Then he worked in a Production House as a Style Photo for Movie Films.
Besides his activity in Photography, he also did artificial landscape design, interior and exterior design, relief and sculpture.
In 2000 he studied Fine Art in Modern School of Design. Graduated in 2003, he concentrated in world of Arts as a full time painter.
- YSRI Philip Morris Indonesia Art Award.
- The Best Sketch of Modern School of Design Yogyakarta.
- 2008 Exhibition at Singapore ART Fair 2008
- 2007 Group Exhibition at Royal Plaza Hotel, Singapore
- 2004 Group Exhibition at JW Marriot Hotel Jakarta
- 2003 Solo Exhibition 'Lukis & Photography' in Yogyakarta
- 2002 Group Exhibition at Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta
- 2001 Solo Exhibition at Modern School of Design Yogyakarta
- 2000 Solo Exhibition at Zola Zolu Gallery, Bandung
- 1999 Solo Exhibition at Museum KA
- 1998 Group Exhibition in Semarang
- 1997 Group Exhibition in Semarang
- 1996 Group Exhibition at GPD Salatiga
- 1995 Group Exhibition in Magelang
- 1994 Solo Exhibition in Ungaran, Central Java
- 1993 Solo Exhibition at Museum KA
- 1992 Solo Exhibition at Museum KA
- 1991 Solo Exhibition in Semarang
- 1990 Group Exhibition in Semarang